Friday, March 14, 2014

Sparks of Passionate Response

Reading:   Proverbs 22

Passion is no trivial device of humanity, it is a tool easily manipulated by fatigue, hatred, desire, pride, and ultimately the whisperings of grandeur.  Passion, given time, is the seedling of war and the casket of death.

PROVERBS 22:24-25
24    Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: 

25    Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul. 
I had a great deal more written here, including instances of anger that have occured in my life and the lessons learned, but my iPad died before I could save it and all was lost.  I allowed the throws of passion to overcome me and I put aside the blog for a time because of my frustration at losing my thoughts.  Anyway, important lesson!  I will close with a great bit of explanatory advice from Matthew Henry...
Those we go with we are apt to grow like. Our corrupt hearts have so much tinder in them that it is dangerous conversing with those that throw about the sparks of their passion.
Quite true and as reluctant as I am to refrain from anger and brutish behaviour I can't help but accept the reality that my children might catch a spark of my passion and go quick to flame as well.  I am under constant scrutiny and must learn to control my passion...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!!  
Let's just get that out so I can concentrate on a more passive existence?

~Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment