Thursday, February 28, 2013

Need I Remind You?

Reading:   Leviticus 19

Further examples of wrong doing and statutes concerning certain laws abound in chapter nineteen but the key to the chapter comes at the end of nearly half the verses...

LEVITICUS 19:37
37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the Lord. 
What is the key that I am referring to, "...I am The Lord."  Again, nearly half of the verses end with this reminder.  It is a not-so-subtle poke to our ignorant brains designed to immediately squelch the desire to complain or question the veracity of these laws, statutes and prohibitions.

Don't forget who I am
Don't forget what I've done
Don't question my reasoning

Refrain from doubt
Refrain from complaint
Refrain from anger

Have faith that I am
Have faith that I will
Have faith and believe

I am
I am The Lord
I am The Lord Your God

~Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment