Friday, May 3, 2013

Eunuchs and Bastards

Reading:   Deuteronomy 23

EEK!

This just sounds terrible and makes me hurt...

DEUTERONOMY 23:1
1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord. 
I'm sorry but I barely found the gumption to get past this verse and cannot, in all honesty, even began to explain the remainder of the chapter as I simply cannot recall its context.  Yes, this first verse bothered me tremendously and would not allow a furtherance of thought on any other topic.  Even in research, I found pause when encountering, in several articles, words such as "eunuch" and "bastard,"  debate over what "congregation" meant in relation to eunuchs and bastards and other discussions that simply do not warrant examination.

Therefore, in regards to smashed stones, severed privy members, eunuchs, bastards and the lot - I pass.  You tell me...

~Kipling 

No comments:

Post a Comment