Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book of Remembrance


Reading:   3 Nephi 23

I received a personal chastisement today, along with the congregation gathered to hear from The Savior.  Let me explain, so Jesus, still talking openly with all the folks in the new world, asks about his servant Samuel the Lamanite and wether they remembered his warnings and prophesies.  The people do and agree that all his prophesies had been fulfilled...

3 NEPHI 23:11-13

11    And Jesus said unto them: How be it that ye have not written this thing, that many saints did arise and appear unto many and did minister unto them? 

12    And it came to pass that Nephi remembered that this thing had not been written. 

13    And it came to pass that Jesus commanded that it should be written; therefore it was written according as he commanded. 

When I was a mere lad of but 10-years old, I started keeping a daily journal and did so diligently, rarely missing, until a year or so into my marriage.  I have tried to return to the diligence of my youth and have spurts of entries here and there but not with any real consistency and usually only during times of great struggle - lame.  I have had some incredible experiences in the last 20-years, very spiritual, meaningful, testimony building experiences and guess what, The Lord has just asked me, personally, "...How be it that ye have not written this thing?"

A journal is important, but more than that, a record of testimony building accounts.  These experiences, and there have been plenty involving all the members of my family - need to be recorded.  I accept my rebuking and will start a list and try to recall those precious memories, record them, and definitely scribe anything new that occurs!

"Let us then continue on in this important work of recording the things we do, the things we say, the things we think, to be in accordance with the instructions of the Lord. For those of you who may not have already started your books of remembrance and your records, we would suggest that this very day you begin to write your records quite fully and completely. We hope that you will do this, our brothers and sisters, for this is what the Lord has commanded." 
           ~Spencer W. Kimball (President of the Church)
           1979 October General Conference, Saturday Morning Session

Make it so...especially those who are of my seed!

~Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment