Sunday, March 3, 2013

Being Hallowed

Reading:   Leviticus 22

What does it mean to be hallowed?

LEVITICUS 22:32
32 Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the Lord which hallow you, 
I can understand God expressing the need to be "hallowed" among the children of Israel and rightly so; but, the end of the verse pinched me, "...I am The Lord which hallow you."  The idea of being hallowed by God was deep and meaningful to me so I had to understand the greater meaning...what does it mean to be hallowed?

Hallow:  To make holy; sanctify; consecrate

God makes me holy.  He sanctifies me and consecrates me as sacred but only through Him.  "I am the  Lord which hallow you," in-other-words the only way for us to be hallowed is through our total faith and belief in God - through him we are hallowed.

~Kipling




No comments:

Post a Comment