Monday, November 26, 2012

Sufficient is the Day

Reading 3 Nephi 13

I love that one of my all time favorite scriptures revealed itself today...timing is everything and I am definitely in need of this reminder!

3 NEPHI 13:34

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof. 

Why am I, once again, stressing about tomorrow?  Allowing myself the concerns that creep up and drag my thoughts to those things that I cannot seem to control...those things that await me in the future.  I had plenty of problems to deal with today and found myself unprepared, I snapped a bit, lost my cool, and it is no wonder...I'm looking too far ahead and not focusing on what is currently in my way - the hours and minutes of now - Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof!

I spend time building up my spiritual armor, strengthening it, preparing for attacks and watching for missiles and darts - problem is my focus, as of late, has been far-sided.  I'm looking too far ahead when there are jabs coming at me from inches.

Okay, reset, refocus, don't worry about tomorrow.  Gauge the armor for the next few minutes and hours - make it through today!

~Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment